Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where to start?

First things, first.
Make the car a daily driver:
-New floor boards
-Dynamat/Carpet
-New seats-Front sporty buckets-Rear matching bench 0r buckets
-Center Console w/cup holders (coffee is scary between the legs in a 510)
-Alignment

And then...
Engine swap (still unsure of the specifics). But main goal is a VG33E, might settle for a VG30. I have given some thought to keeping it 4 cylinder with a NA KA24, or an SR20, but V6 2300lb car seems right?

Suspension is still up in the air. I know I want adjustable ride height, but mainly low. Since it's just a daily for now, I'll probably lower it a bit for looks and take care of the expensive coilovers when I get closer to the swap.

As far as the looks go, I want it clean and not yellow. Well actually I'm a little more specific. It's a 39 year old car. I want a color that could have been available in 1971. I'm thinking a dark gray (not metallic), a dark green (not metallic), a dark red (not metallic), maybe a dark gun metal so yes metallic. It's a 4 door, so flares would be tricky but I like the look of bolt on flares (in either painted to match, black, or carbon fiber). Wheels will be 14, 15, 0r 16". Depending on the body color, bronze, gun metal, or black. Haven't found the perfect style yet, but leaning towards a 5 spoke/star, panasports, or meshies. A machined lip might be sweet too. The nose has to have a spook, unless I live or work up a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment